Overview of the cPanel Virus Scanner Interface
The aim of this article is to discuss the ClamAV Virus Scanner Interface of cPanel that’s included with each clients account. the The virus scanner is used to scan and detect unwanted viruses, trojan horses, and malware that may be present in your account files. This interface can be helpful in scanning email documents, files present in the public folder and FTP directories and can also scan the entire account of the user.
How to Run the ClamAV Virus Scanner Software
In case you suspect a virus in either one of your emails or one of your directories you can login to cPanel – and run the Virus Scanner
- Open cPanel
- Switch to the Home Interface of cPanel
- Click on Advanced option
- Click on Virus Scanner
The ClamAV Virus Scanner software is now ready to be used. The user can use this interface for scanning different and specific services.
Services provided by the Virus Scanner Interface –
The services provided for scanning are listed below
- Scan Mails – All the mail folders of the user’s account will be scanned by the software.
- Scan Entire Home Directory – The entire home directory of the user’s account will be scanned.
- Scan Public FTP Space – All the folders that can be publicly accessed through FTP services will be scanned.
- Scan Public Web Space – All the folders that can be publicly accessed through the web will be scanned.
How to Scan a Service using ClamAV
The below-mentioned steps will help the user to start a new scan of a service through ClamAV Virus Scanner software.
The user needs to select a particular service to be scanned (please follow the list given above).
Click on Scan Now.
The virus scanner interface is very useful for every user. The ClamAV Virus Scanner software successfully scans the services of a cPanel account and detects harmful software and malware. It can also detect a possible security threat that prompts the user to take necessary action.